Blog Carnival: Picnic Grub

(Art by IMightBeSusan)

Part of being on the EtsyBloggers team is the mandatory participation in a Blog Carnival twice a month. The team gives you a couple themes to choose from, you decide, post it, then submit it on the team web page. All blog carnivals are then grouped together and you can jump from one blog to another reading the posts. Great way to meet other Etsy bloggers!

This blog carnival I choose to share one of my all time favorite picnic dishes. I found this recipe in Vegetarian Times last year and have probably made it a hundred times since then! Well..almost a hundred!

GREEN BEAN & CORN SALSA SALAD


Whatcha Need:

1 lb green beans, trimmed
4 cups fresh corn kernels
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1 Tbs. lemon zest

Whatcha Do:
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook beans 5 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain & refresh in ice water. When cool, chop beans.
3. Toss together beans, corn, onion and oil in large bowl. Add cilantro, lemon juice, & jalapeno pepper, & season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve. YUMMY!!!

Peace & Love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious! I've printed it and will give it a go. Thanks. Have a great day!!

storybeader said...

sounds like a great way to get your vege intake during the summer!

Unknown said...

This is an interesting combination. I'm gonna have to try this one!

Becky said...

Sounds really yummy - I'll have to give a try! My kids are often veggie challenged, but green beans and corn are faves - so this would work for them too!!!!!thanks for sharing!

Shell Mitchell said...

Yum. Sounds delish!

Kathy said...

Sounds great....I just might be able to eat green beans that way...lol I love any kind of "salsa"...Thanks will definitely try this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...