Untitled



This past Saturday I purchased  a brand new Moleskin journal.  They didn't have my usual black leather bound.  So, hesitantly, I decided to do something different and go with a cherry red hardcover instead.  I sat with a cup of chai, opened it up to the first page--and this is what I wrote:

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sometimes I think it is necessary to just walk away.  Walk away from a journal full of words, walk away from a virtual life created somewhere out there in cyberspace.  Walk away from old ideas, old ways of doing things.  Even stories you told for years and years left untold from this moment on.  I've been feeling this need to walk away.  No, honestly--it has been more like run.  I see my legs strong and lean as they move me along--as they take me forward.  And then I dive.  Dive off a cliff?  Dive into a huge sea of restless blue?  No, I dive into the sky where I sprout wings...and I fly.  I need to walk away...so that I can fly.....

My dearest friends...my Chicas, I feel it is time that I walk away.  That I take my Dirty Footprints on another branch of the journey.  This is something that has been brewing for awhile...my need, my desire to simplify my life.  Slowly I've been cutting back my dependency to the internet.  It doesn't nourish me as much as it distracts me from what it is I really want to focus my energy and time on.  

Of course, Dirty Footprints has become a part of my life, and this is not an easy decision. But it is in my deepest of heart that I know this is best for me.  I'm horrible at good-byes, and truthfully--I'll be around.  Just not here.  Just not now.  I'd like to say this is simply a break--a hiatus--a sabbatical from blogging.  Though, I'm not sure that is true.  

Wherever the journey may lead....
There is always great love here for you.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

Peace & Love.

36 comments:

Beryl Phillips said...

Goodbye, I'm sorry that I just "met" you. You really had a lovely blog, thank you!
Beryl

Lunarmusings said...

!!!! Honey? Wow! I'm so bummed, but I get it. Our needs are what they are, and what nourishes us changes over time.

I so selfishly hope to see you here soon!

much love on your journey.
e

Dithi said...

Connie-pie! I am sad to think that you may not be around just as much but happy to know that you are headed in the direction that leads to your happiness and fulfillment.Love you. d.

Genie Sea said...

I will miss you, Chicka! I am happy you are moving in the direction of your bliss, and I hope you keep in touch! You have my email :) Best of luck to you, sweetie! Hugs!

p.s. I love the trees in the previous post! The backgrounds too are dreamy :)

Sydney said...

Difficult but good. I totally get it, and know we are pals and will continue to communicate, through other means.

Your blog has become one of my top few favorite places to visit. Will you keep it up? I have wanted to go back and read things I never got to.

Wishing you lots of love, joy, discovery and blossoming in the days and months ahead.

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

I know that must have been a tough decision to come to, but I thoroughly empathize and support you, Connie! This digital beast, while often a wonderful connection can also be a wicked distraction from living life.

Big hugs and lots of love as you continue your journey...

;)

Jessie said...

It's a good thing I know you outside of the blogosphere...other wise I would be devastated! Your posts always say just the right thing when I need it. But I totally get it and I love you and I'm looking forward to watching you take flight! :)

Things are breaking open for you, my friend...and I truly love being able to witness it. I don't need to read your blog to know that. I can feel your energy all the way here in Minnesota!

xoxo
j.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Connie, I have felt this coming from you for a bit now. I am sad, of course...

And on the day that I am celebrating one year for blisschick! Weren't you approaching one year?

Right now, I am just sad. You have to do what is best for you; keep painting those beautiful trees!

Emma said...

I will miss you here, but I totally understand. I really do.

Wishing you all the best!

Sara said...

Having just found your blog, I am very bummed to see you disappearing but at the same time I understand. Sometimes it is good (and necessary) to unplug or to clear away and find a new place to play for a while. I wish you all the best on your journey -- I know it will be a beautiful one.

Unknown said...

Fly grrrrrrl. I hope those wings take you great places.

I know exactly what you mean....

Anonymous said...

I am saddened that you are leaving - that is an odd part of "meeting" people through blogging - they can just disappear. I will miss you.

I've noticed you've been faced with a lot of change and challenge lately. My wish is that you find what you're looking for.

I hope you drop by and visit now and then.

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

Wow, have fun, stay young and drink water. I love your paintings and your post are inspiring. It's all good. :-)

daisies said...

love to you my dear ... i know your energy is going to bring such power into your life, uh huh. hugs and love!

Linda-Sama said...

I know how you feel...I shut down one of my other blogs, too much energy expended on both....

take care always,
linda-sama

REB said...

I hate the idea of you not being around, but you need to go where ever life leads you. If you do come back to blogland, come find me. I would hate to loose contact with you forever. I would miss reading your posts.

Renee...aka paintedskywoman

Leah said...

Sending you enormous cups of love and hugs my dear. Do what you need to and feel free to lean on me anytime! xoxox

Young Yoga Masters said...

Have a great break. I'm pretty sure I'll see your writing again somewhere - somewhen - I'm not sure - but you're kind of talent is hard to keep down!

With Love,

Aruna

nolaa gallery said...

oh my friend! Keep in touch, someway, somehow, if it is meant to be!
xoxo, jen

Undaunted said...

It takes courage to recognise what you really need and want and to act on it. And it's great of you to let everyone know instead of struggling on until your posts dwindle to nothing.

I congratulate you, and I wish you well on your flight path. :)

Melita said...

you will be greatly missed. hope to catch up with you again in the near future.

good luck in everything you do.

namaste!!

eizzy.k said...

awww...and i just discovered your blog...
:-(

Unknown said...

Remember you are home were ever you are!

Peace Love and Blessings;-)

hissnhowl said...

Happy flying Connie!

Zom said...

You do what nourishes you dear Connie.
Best to you always
much love
xxox

Nerdy Renegade said...

Good for you!

Know for sure you will be missed.

I applaud your decision ~ and completely understand the need for it.

As I was reading I found such POWER in your post. Our legs represent our power I am envisioning strong legs (and eventually wings) will take you far on this new part of your journey.

Best wishes for a wonderful world of discovery :-)

nollyposh said...

~Love~ to yOu my dearest friend and may the world open up to you even more... Love you
Always
<3

nollyposh said...

~MiSS you~
Already
x

Anonymous said...

i applaud you and your decision. i empathize with your struggle over that decision. i stand UP for your NEW DIRECTION............yeah, YOU!!! oxxoxoxoxo

nanakin1 said...

Go where your heart leads you, my friend, and enjoy the journey. Though you'll be missed here, you must surely know that we love and support you wherever you go.
Hugs for the journey,
Nancy (nanakin1)

Liz said...

You will be missed! Thank you for being you and good luck!

Pink Heels said...

May your new journey be filled with love and exciting new adventures to conquer. I wish you peace and the greatest success in life. May you find your creative spirit and allow it to guide you towards your bliss.

Annette said...

Connie,
I wish you the best. You gave so freely to me of your spirit and your experience. You truly inspired me and I are still doing it.

Have a wonderful break or rest of your life . . .

Annette

jafabrit said...

Your blog posts are going to be sorely missed, but I truly understand how you feel :)

Anonymous said...

You are brave to do this. But I do understand. What is most important is rare and must be held tightly when it is found. God bless.

Unknown said...

Peace Love and Blessings! Come to the Ashram in July!;-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...